Bing has added a new directions feature in their Google Places local knowledge panel directly in the search results.
The new feature shows a test for “send directions to phone”. Here it is when displayed in the main search results column.
Here it is on the right sidebar.
Bing has previously shown this when viewing map results, so searchers can have the directions sent to phone. But it is new to the knowledge panel for local shown right in the main search results.
Here is another example to see it in action:
When you click the option to send directions, you see this:
Bing also notes the use of the phone number is a one-time thing, and the number will not be stored or used for marketing purposes.
You don’t need to use the Bing App in order to take advantage of this feature. I don’t have the Bing App installed since Bing has still not made it available to Canadians, but I still see this.
It does seem to be a test. I do not see it on all browser sessions. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see this one get a wider rollout, especially if people are utilizing it.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: 301s & 302s, What is Best For PageRank & Ranking Signals - October 18, 2017
- Why Google Rewrites Title Tags in Search Results - October 18, 2017
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017