If you are looking for some more Google related reading after the recent Google Search Quality Rater’s Guide release last month, they have revamped all their app indexing help documents.
Here are the release notes about the new changes.
Significant doc improvements for improved usability. No action required on developer’s part.
- Clearer product overview information
- Better guidance on supporting URLs to your app
- Emphasized using HTTP URLs and discouraging custom scheme URLs
- Streamlined instructions on using the App Indexing API
- Provided details about App Indexing API fields
- Updated FAQs
- Created release notes to keep partners updated of changes
App indexing has been getting a lot of coverage, especially in the last few months, and it is becoming a definite part of SEO for those with apps, or for those considering them.
It does not seem related to the upcoming revamp of app indexing error reporting which is expected sometime in the future.
To keep up to date on changes, you can watch their new Release Notes page for app indexing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using Subdomains for Low Quality Google Panda Pages - June 27, 2017
- Google Considers Branded Anchor Text Unnatural in Widget Links - June 27, 2017
- Google Converting Non-Mobile Friendly Pages to Mobile Friendly for Searchers - June 27, 2017
- Google to Stop Scanning Gmail Messages to Target Personalized AdWords Ads - June 26, 2017
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017