If you are looking for some more Google related reading after the recent Google Search Quality Rater’s Guide release last month, they have revamped all their app indexing help documents.
Here are the release notes about the new changes.
Significant doc improvements for improved usability. No action required on developer’s part.
- Clearer product overview information
- Better guidance on supporting URLs to your app
- Emphasized using HTTP URLs and discouraging custom scheme URLs
- Streamlined instructions on using the App Indexing API
- Provided details about App Indexing API fields
- Updated FAQs
- Created release notes to keep partners updated of changes
App indexing has been getting a lot of coverage, especially in the last few months, and it is becoming a definite part of SEO for those with apps, or for those considering them.
It does not seem related to the upcoming revamp of app indexing error reporting which is expected sometime in the future.
To keep up to date on changes, you can watch their new Release Notes page for app indexing.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018
- Nofollow Has Not Changed Since Google Launched It - March 19, 2018
- In-Depth Look at Google’s New Zero Result Search Results - March 14, 2018
- Bing Adds Trending Carousel Search Feature for Some Websites - February 20, 2018
- Canonicals: Sitemap Canonicals Weaker Signal Than Rel=Canonical - February 19, 2018