The change is simply noted as “an update to web search logs analysis” on the Data Anomalies page.
Websites only: An update to web search logs analysis. This change may increase the total number of clicks and impressions.
They don’t exactly say what changed with the web search logs analysis to cause the jump. But the change is dated December 14th, so it is possible the change – and any noted increase – may have started on the 14th and not today. But it does also show up in the report itself as an “Update” that leads to the Data Anomalies page for more information.
The date also coincides with the addition of the app install button data. But it isn’t known if that is coincidental or somehow related.
But if you are suddenly noticing an increase in the Search Analytics reporting, it might not have anything to do with your site getting better, but could just be the change on Google’s end.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020