Google has officially swapped out their regular green “Ad” tag in the search results to the newer outline version many had seen in testing over the past few weeks.
A Google spokesperson confirmed the change to The SEM Post.
We routinely test potential improvements to the look and feel of our search results page. After experimenting with a new search ad label with a green outline, we’ve decided to roll it out. The new ad label is more legible and continues to make our results page easier to read for our users with clear indication of our ad labeling.
Google first began testing this one in late January so it was a relatively short test cycle before Google made the change permanent.
The change to the new outline version affects both desktop and mobile searches.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020