Google is testing yet another variation of green in the URL of the search results. They are testing a green that is so dark it almost looks black.
Here is how it looks:
Here is how it normally looks:
Interesting, they are keeping the same usual green in the AdWords “Ad” tag that shows next to the AdWords ads. Normally in these tests, they change the color of the ad tag as well. Here is how it looks (and you can also see this test doesn’t affect the Google local pack):
Google has a history of testing many different colors in the search results, some which become permanent and some which are just small scale tests.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020