The new medical knowledge panels for brands are triggering to show information on the generic form of the medicine. For example, a search for Advil shows a knowledge panel for Ibuprofen, along with the commonly known brand names for that medicine.
Here is an example for a search for “Advil”:
The addition of the new style knowledge panel for medication doesn’t automatically remove AdWords ads from the search. For example, Viagra also triggers the generic medicine knowledge panel while also showing ads on the page.
They are also triggering for many other brand name searches as well. But they aren’t showing for all the queries all the time, I could only trigger the new style a few times with the older style showing the majority of the time.
The style is very similar to Google mobile cards in the search results, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see this new version get switched to 100% of the time.
These are only shown for US searchers at this time, similarly to how the new style medical boxes for medical conditions are only shown within the US, something they also recently bumped up to even more queries.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020