If you are waiting for a manual action to show up in Google Search Console, you might be waiting a bit. There is currently an issue where manual actions are not showing up as expected.
The issue seemed to start on October 19th, so just under a week ago, when there seemed to be an increase in people asking how long it would take for manual actions to show within a Search Console account. And it seems they are still waiting.
On the positive side, those sites that are receiving manual actions will still see the notice, both in the Google Search Console messages and via email. So those impacted can start to fix their sites while they are waiting. On the downside, it means that those site owners are unable to file any reconsideration requests, as the manual actions are not showing up in the manual action viewer. In order to file a reconsideration request, it needs to show up in the viewer first.
It also may impact sites that have had approved reconsideration requests. There is a report of a site’s reconsideration request being approved, yet the site still isn’t indexed. So if you have recently had a reconsideration request approved but aren’t seeing the site being reindexed in the search results, this could be why.
Google is aware of the issue and are working on it.
— John Mueller (@JohnMu) October 25, 2016
If you are impacted, you can still work on fixing the issues related to whatever the manual action is. But this will need to be fixed before reconsideration requests can be filed.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017
- Google Adds “On This Page” Above Internal Section Sitelinks - May 19, 2017
- Google Adds Expandable AdWords Ads With Carousels on Mobile - May 18, 2017