This is live in the search results now, and shows in both the local knowledge panel in the search results as well as on the map results page too.
It doesn’t show just for restaurant related businesses, but other types of stores as well.
When you click “Correct?” it allows you to submit feedback about the current live busy status.
It doesn’t show just if a business is busy at the time, it also gives live results showing that it isn’t busy – it will show “not busy”, “not too busy” or “a little busy”.
Google pulls the data from patrons who have Google Location History opted in.
In addition to the new live feature, Google has also added a feature that allows stores to give more detailed information about departments within a business that have different hours, such as the pharmacy department or gardening department within a store.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018