Tom Waddington shared a screenshot on Twitter.
This is a great feature for searchers because there’s often the huge price or install differences between for the same service being done in one location over another.
Homewyse appears to be supplying the estimate data for the specific jobs in locations. And it is getting as specific as what a job costs in a specific ZIP Code. So this is much more granular than even having pricing information for a specific city.
It also breaks down costs versus labor as well. And it gives more details, which can be called upon, to show more specifics about the price. In this example, it specifically mentions about the type of air-conditioner being installed for the specific estimate. There’s also a drop-down for more information.
This doesn’t appear to be connected to any specific local service ads, but rather as a card that displays within the list of businesses offering the service.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that any of the businesses will offer similar pricing for that area. But for a lot of these home service type jobs, a lot of homeowners don’t have even a rough estimate, so this can help save these businesses advertising dollars when searchers are not contacting them to get ballpark figures
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018