Google also said at the time of launch that the new Penguin wasn’t replacing manual actions and that they would still be sending out manual actions to sites with unnatural links.
The person who asked about it commented that they hadn’t seen any new inbound link manual actions being sent since Google released the long awaited real time Penguin.
Yes, of course, it still happens, yes. The webspam team is still active and taking action on unnatural links on both directions, so that’s not something we’ve stopped doing since Penguin.
There have also been many reports in the Google Webmaster Help Forums on these manual actions being sent out since Penguin launched. So yes, Google is still sending both unnatural inbound links and outbound links manual actions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018