I asked Gary Illyes this at Brighton SEO. After all, it isn’t unheard of for Google to flag specific items in the search results. We have seen sites tagged with “Mobile Friendly” as well as with AMP icons to show fast sites. And it would make sense for Google to flag sensitive results – such as sites with an ecommerce component, or anything with a form to submit as insecure for searchers to make informed choices about the sites they visit for specific types of searches.
But according to Gary Illyes there are no plans to do this, at least not currently.
However, site owners that do have forms will want to still make the HTTPS switch before Chrome begins flagging insecure sites.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018