Yeah, we don’t use Google Analytics at all with regards to the search algorithm. And part of that is just because not all sites use Analytics and so you can’t really balance we have some signals for this site here and we have no signals at all for this commerce site here, what does that actually mean? How do you weigh that?
Google has been vocal in the past about being wary of incomplete signals, or signals that could be turned off, such as social metrics. So this fits right in there with why Google doesn’t use Analytics data at all in their algorithm.
This confirms what Gary Illyes said last year at SMX Advanced, where he said they don’t use any Analytics data for rankings at all.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018
- How to Download Links Report in New Google Search Console - August 27, 2018