Here is how it appears:
You can see that it shows the answer below the sidescroll selector, when one is chosen.
Because of the formatting, Google can accommodate many more choices for “people also ask” than normally appears in desktop. Currently, the desktop limit is 4.
This is also a design that seems to have been intended specifically for the mobile search results, where users could swipe through the options.
Here is how it would normally appear in the search results:
This appears to be in limited testing currently as I could not replicate it.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Adds Location & Location Icon to Search Results - June 21, 2018
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018