Google is testing out a new format in the search results for their “People also ask” feature, which shows different popular questions and queries related to the current search. This one has the questions appearing in boxes and the searcher can side scroll to see more in a carousel style.
Here is how it appears:
You can see that it shows the answer below the sidescroll selector, when one is chosen.
Because of the formatting, Google can accommodate many more choices for “people also ask” than normally appears in desktop. Currently, the desktop limit is 4.
This is also a design that seems to have been intended specifically for the mobile search results, where users could swipe through the options.
Here is how it would normally appear in the search results:
This appears to be in limited testing currently as I could not replicate it.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Over 60% of Google Search AMP Clicks Go To Non-News Sites - February 13, 2018
- Bing Testing Stacked Sitelinks in Search Results - February 12, 2018
- Google Chrome to Flag Sites as Not Secure in July 2018 - February 8, 2018
- Google Changes Image Size Requirements for AMP articles - February 8, 2018
- Google Search Console Alerts for Sites Without High-Res Favicons - February 8, 2018