At Pubcon, Nathan Johns from Google talked a bit about Home Services Ads and revealed that they were changing their name.
One of the reasons for the change could be that they are expanding out of services specifically for the home.
For example, windshield repair, which is definitely not a “home service” is now a category.
So they are expanding to businesses such as dentists, auto repair, etc that wouldn’t fit under the “home services” umbrella, so the name change does make a lot of sense.
Google has already rebranded their pages to show the new Local Services name in the search results…
As well as in their support documents.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018
- Nofollow Has Not Changed Since Google Launched It - March 19, 2018
- In-Depth Look at Google’s New Zero Result Search Results - March 14, 2018
- Bing Adds Trending Carousel Search Feature for Some Websites - February 20, 2018
- Canonicals: Sitemap Canonicals Weaker Signal Than Rel=Canonical - February 19, 2018