Google is changing the name of Google Home Services Ads to Google Home Local Services Ads.
At Pubcon, Nathan Johns from Google talked a bit about Home Services Ads and revealed that they were changing their name.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 9, 2017
One of the reasons for the change could be that they are expanding out of services specifically for the home.
For example, windshield repair, which is definitely not a “home service” is now a category.
So they are expanding to businesses such as dentists, auto repair, etc that wouldn’t fit under the “home services” umbrella, so the name change does make a lot of sense.
Google has already rebranded their pages to show the new Local Services name in the search results…
As well as in their support documents.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017