Google is changing the name of Google Home Services Ads to Google Home Local Services Ads.
At Pubcon, Nathan Johns from Google talked a bit about Home Services Ads and revealed that they were changing their name.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 9, 2017
One of the reasons for the change could be that they are expanding out of services specifically for the home.
For example, windshield repair, which is definitely not a “home service” is now a category.
So they are expanding to businesses such as dentists, auto repair, etc that wouldn’t fit under the “home services” umbrella, so the name change does make a lot of sense.
Google has already rebranded their pages to show the new Local Services name in the search results…
As well as in their support documents.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018