Paul Macnamara shared the screenshot of the new alert.
For sites with favicons that are lower resolution, Google is sending this alert out asking site owners to update their favicon to a 192x192px high resolution favicon. Google specifically references Chrome new tab pages and Android home screen, so especially if you have a site that someone might add to their home screen, updating this icon should be a priority.
Many sites still have legacy favicons, which started 16×16 and later 32×32 in size. And it is very easy to be able to create a nice favicon with the updated size Google wants.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018