Dr. Pete Meyers from Moz actually saw this in action a few weeks. It showed up in one of his Mozcast data crawls, although no one has reported any sightings of this showing up “in the wild” in Google search results yet.
Here is his screenshot:
It is very similar to how Google Compare is being used in the UK currently.
There is another interesting aspect to this. They will now also display ratings and have agent support, although we don’t know exactly how the agent support will be implemented although the logical assumption is via Google+, as they added something similar for local listings earlier this year.
The auto insurance ads will be expanding beyond California and launching initially in Texas, Illinois and Pennsylvania. No word on when it will expand, but it likely will if it performs well in those states. The mortgage version will be launching later this year.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Treats Hreflang in Sitemaps and HTML the Same - June 13, 2018
- Google Dropping Meta Tag Description Length Warnings from Search Console - June 7, 2018
- Google Search Console Crawl Stats to Update Soon - June 6, 2018
- Google: Don’t Block Googlebot from Slow Resources on Page - June 5, 2018
- Google’s Googlebot Crawling, Search Visibility and Rankings - June 4, 2018