Dr. Pete Meyers from Moz actually saw this in action a few weeks. It showed up in one of his Mozcast data crawls, although no one has reported any sightings of this showing up “in the wild” in Google search results yet.
Here is his screenshot:
It is very similar to how Google Compare is being used in the UK currently.
There is another interesting aspect to this. They will now also display ratings and have agent support, although we don’t know exactly how the agent support will be implemented although the logical assumption is via Google+, as they added something similar for local listings earlier this year.
The auto insurance ads will be expanding beyond California and launching initially in Texas, Illinois and Pennsylvania. No word on when it will expand, but it likely will if it performs well in those states. The mortgage version will be launching later this year.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Googlebot Behavior When Major Changes Made to Site - March 23, 2018
- Google: About Links Placed in Source Code - March 23, 2018
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018