Normally, Google places the ads tag in the same line as the review stars. But when a listing has no review stars, it drops the ads tag even further in the listing, inexplicably adding it to the address line instead, which is the third line in the listing.
In all the examples I found, none of the listings had any star reviews in the local pack.
Here is what it normally looks like, with the tag immediately below:
The placement of the ads tag so low in the local listing is a bit unusual, since normally ads are shown much more prominently. While it still has the top spot in the local pack, the positioning of that tag should definitely be higher in the listing itself.
This seems to be active, and the format for Google when it does not show review stars in the local pack.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Why Google Shows Same Site Multiple Times for Competitive Keywords - March 22, 2018
- Google: Can Take 6+ Months to See Rankings Improve from Quality Improvements - March 21, 2018
- Google Mobile First: Search Console Alerts & Report Annotations Coming - March 21, 2018
- Google Drops Zero Search Results Experiment - March 21, 2018
- Google Does Not Treat Adult Sites Differently in Search Results - March 20, 2018