Google is now running AdWords ads to advertise their Home Service Ads.
Navolutions was the first to spot the ad.
What is noteworthy is there are no other paid ads at the top of the page, nor are there any Home Service Ads being displayed, despite many being available. And the local 3-pack wasn’t present either.
It is also interesting that Google chose to place a box around this result. And while it is tagged with “Sponsored”, it is missing the usual “Ads” tag in yellow that we see in Google AdWords ads.
When you click through from the ad, you will go to this bare bones landing page.
What is interesting is that there are options to either phone or text Google for this.
The ad does seem to be a test – I couldn’t replicate it. However, I did see many Home Service Ads for that query, showing that there was plenty of ad inventory available. So Google wasn’t merely using it as a filler for having unavailable ads.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Testing Icons on Mobile Sitelinks - October 24, 2016
- Google Showing Featured Snippets for Site: Searches - October 24, 2016
- JSON-LD Google’s Preferred Structured Data Markup - October 21, 2016
- How Google Handles Site Moves When Old Domain Cannot Be Redirected - October 20, 2016
- Exit Page Interstitials Not Impacted by Google’s Mobile Interstitial Change - October 19, 2016