Google is now running AdWords ads to advertise their Home Service Ads.
Navolutions was the first to spot the ad.
What is noteworthy is there are no other paid ads at the top of the page, nor are there any Home Service Ads being displayed, despite many being available. And the local 3-pack wasn’t present either.
It is also interesting that Google chose to place a box around this result. And while it is tagged with “Sponsored”, it is missing the usual “Ads” tag in yellow that we see in Google AdWords ads.
When you click through from the ad, you will go to this bare bones landing page.
What is interesting is that there are options to either phone or text Google for this.
The ad does seem to be a test – I couldn’t replicate it. However, I did see many Home Service Ads for that query, showing that there was plenty of ad inventory available. So Google wasn’t merely using it as a filler for having unavailable ads.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Sending Visitors Off Site Via Links Won’t Hurt Site’s Google Rankings - July 25, 2016
- Google AdWords Truncating Headlines for Some Ads - July 22, 2016
- Google: How to Temporarily Remove Pages Varies by Length - July 22, 2016
- Google Flights Testing Thumbnail Ads in Search - July 20, 2016
- Google Voice Searches 30 Times More Likely to be Action Queries - July 19, 2016