Here you can find a listing of the guides available for search marketing. These guides cover Google Panda, Mobile Friendly Algo, and the Google Quality Rater’s Guidelines.
- 1 Google’s Panda Algo for Quality Content
- 2 Google’s Mobile Friendly Search Algo
- 3 Google’s Quality Rater Guidelines
Google’s Panda Algo for Quality Content
Google’s Mobile Friendly Search Algo
Google’s Quality Rater Guidelines
We have covered the last three updates of the Quality Rater Guidelines. It is worth reading each int urn, as they cover the major changes from the previous versions.
Updated Google Quality Rater Guidelines: No More Supplementary Content, Emphasis on E-A-T
This version was published by Google at the end of March 2016. Google removed the previous emphasis on supplementary content, and they are putting much more weight on E-A-T. Local also gets a revamp in how Google wants their raters to look at it.
Latest Google Search Quality Rater’s Guide: Mobile Rewrite
With this version, we see Google place greater emphasis on mobile – for the first time, most rater tasks are being done on mobile devices instead of desktop, and all the examples given are now for mobile. While we covered a leaked copy, after we published, Google decided to release the guidelines publicly.
Google Rewrites Quality Rating Guide – What SEOs Need to Know
Google’s leaked quality rating guidelines from 2014 brought the idea of E-A-T (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness) and supplementary content to the forefront of what Google wants to see on high quality sites.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019