It has been long rumored that AMP would be expanding to other parts of the search results. At Google I/O today, Richard Gingras announced that AMP will be coming to recipes in the mobile search results.
Recipes in AMP will be in the carousel format and include a photo, similar to how we see AMP appear in the “In the News” mobile carousel currently.
We’re also working to bring AMP to new types of content. We just started to experiment combining rich snippet cards and AMP. When you combine the two, your users get an incredibly rich and fast experience. Users can tap on your rich card and view a recipe instantly. They can preview more recipes instantly by swiping left or right within the carousel, thanks to the instant nature of AMP.
We’re launching this experience first with recipes, and plan to support many other content types soon.
Here is how it looks:
This is not surprising, as Google has long said that they will be expanding AMP to other parts of the search results. But if you have a site with recipes, implementing AMP just became that much more important with the prominent nature of any carousel in Google’s mobile search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020