Bing has added a new feature when you do a Bing search for a result that contains a code snippet. They are highlighting the specific code my colorizing it similar to how some text and code editors do. It is also split out from the rest of the search result to stand out even more.
Here is another example, but this one says “code sample” instead of “usage example.”
It also includes a link to see more from the specific website.
It doesn’t seem to do it for all types of code examples, even when the example is in the description. But it is an interesting addition to the Bing search results.
Added: Bing has announced this feature as Code Sample Answer.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018