Bing has added a new feature when you do a Bing search for a result that contains a code snippet. They are highlighting the specific code my colorizing it similar to how some text and code editors do. It is also split out from the rest of the search result to stand out even more.
Here is another example, but this one says “code sample” instead of “usage example.”
It also includes a link to see more from the specific website.
It doesn’t seem to do it for all types of code examples, even when the example is in the description. But it is an interesting addition to the Bing search results.
Added: Bing has announced this feature as Code Sample Answer.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Slows Crawling With 5xx Server Errors - July 13, 2018
- Google: H Tags as a Ranking Factor - July 13, 2018
- Using Redirects Can Impact Google AdWords Quality Score - July 12, 2018
- Bing Testing Feature to Open Search Results in New Tab - July 12, 2018
- Google: Don’t Rely on Google Tag Manager for Structured Data - July 12, 2018