Bing has added a new feature to their knowledge box results at the top of the search results. Now, if someone searches for a specific event or holiday, Bing not only shows the date but also how many days away it is.
Here is an example when you search for Valentine’s Day:
It doesn’t seem to trigger for ll events, but it could be only if it was a recent event. For example, searching for “Black Friday” brings up the 2015 date but searching for “Black Friday 2016” doesn’t bring up the “in x days” notation.
It also doesn’t seem to trigger for events that are more than a few months away, although people aren’t necessarily counting down the days right now to the 4th of July or Easter.
But it definitely is neat to be able to search and see how many days it is until a certain event or holiday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018