Bing has added a new feature to their knowledge box results at the top of the search results. Now, if someone searches for a specific event or holiday, Bing not only shows the date but also how many days away it is.
Here is an example when you search for Valentine’s Day:
It doesn’t seem to trigger for ll events, but it could be only if it was a recent event. For example, searching for “Black Friday” brings up the 2015 date but searching for “Black Friday 2016” doesn’t bring up the “in x days” notation.
It also doesn’t seem to trigger for events that are more than a few months away, although people aren’t necessarily counting down the days right now to the 4th of July or Easter.
But it definitely is neat to be able to search and see how many days it is until a certain event or holiday.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019