Bing has added a new feature that allows searchers to connect to the chat or messenger feature for local businesses.
This makes it easy for searchers to find the chat feature for any business, saving them hunting around on the website to find it.
Here is what it looks like when linked to their own chat program:
And here is one where Bing links to it on Facebook Messenger.
This doesn’t seem to be linked to Bing specific capabilities, but rather they are simply linking to whatever feature the business is currently using. I have seen Facebook messenger linked as well as the own chat feature by various businesses.
This seems to be for US only at this time.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018