Bing has added a new feature that allows searchers to connect to the chat or messenger feature for local businesses.
This makes it easy for searchers to find the chat feature for any business, saving them hunting around on the website to find it.
Here is what it looks like when linked to their own chat program:
And here is one where Bing links to it on Facebook Messenger.
This doesn’t seem to be linked to Bing specific capabilities, but rather they are simply linking to whatever feature the business is currently using. I have seen Facebook messenger linked as well as the own chat feature by various businesses.
This seems to be for US only at this time.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019