Bing has added a new feature that allows searchers to connect to the chat or messenger feature for local businesses.
This makes it easy for searchers to find the chat feature for any business, saving them hunting around on the website to find it.
Here is what it looks like when linked to their own chat program:
And here is one where Bing links to it on Facebook Messenger.
This doesn’t seem to be linked to Bing specific capabilities, but rather they are simply linking to whatever feature the business is currently using. I have seen Facebook messenger linked as well as the own chat feature by various businesses.
This seems to be for US only at this time.
The following two tabs change content below.
Founder & Editor at The SEM Post
Jennifer Slegg is a longtime speaker and expert in search engine marketing, working in the industry for almost 20 years. When she isn't sitting at her desk writing and working, she can be found grabbing a latte at her local Starbucks or planning her next trip to Disneyland. She regularly speaks at Pubcon, SMX, State of Search, Brighton SEO and more, and has been presenting at conferences for over a decade.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020