At first, you may ask yourself: how do I apply my SEO chops to apps? How can I as the web search person help drive app installs through search? Isn’t the app world all about app developer? And your app developer may be thinking “how can the web search folks help me”? Could it be there is a place where these worlds meet? There is, and it’s called App Linking!
One thing he reveals is they have added a new Applinks Markup Tester Tool for webmasters and app creators.
The tool can be found here, although you do need to be logged in to use it.
He also details both App Links and Schema.org and how they should be used with apps to ensure app developers are covering all the bases when it come to ensuring they have maximum search coverage.
To do this, Bing is leveraging two open standards and we want you to get ready to use them early on:
- App Links and its simple markup to allow users to open your content with your apps straight from our web results and experience it in the immersive device experience instead of in the browser, and
- Schema.org and its action vocabulary to help users discover your app by the actions that your app can perform on the content they are searching for
It is especially important for developers as Bing-powered searches are including in both Cortana and the upcoming Windows 10.
The write up is very detailed so if you have anything to do with app indexing, definitely check it out.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018