Bing Ads is now live with a new Security Badge Annotations that shows a site is secured when it shows up in the search results.
Here is what it looks like.
It adds a “Site secured by Norton” to the listing following the URL. It is worth noting that the displayed URL does not show https in the URL.
Here is another example within the search results.
This isn’t an automatic annotation for all sites that are secure, as other sites in the same set of Bing Ads ads are also secure yet do not show the annotation in the search results. So in this regards it is a bit misleading and could lead a searcher to think the other results are not secure, when they might or might not be.
Bing has showed off this annotation in presentations, but this is the first time I have seen it live in the search results. The Bing annotations page states it is US only, but it is showing up for those outside of the US as well.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for noticing this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020