Nishant Gupta from Bing Ads announced Universal Event Tracking (UET) at the Bing Ads Connect event in Redmond, Washington Thursday. It allows advertisers to create and define goals in order to get greater depth of conversion reporting and tracking.
Universal Event Tracking is similar to Google AdWords Universal Tags. It is the first step towards remarketing being enabled, which is also scheduled to go live in December.
Those advertisers who use UET will be set up for remarketing when it launches.
Goals provide a way to measure and track your site’s business objectives and performance. You can set up goals to track and measure just about anything. For example, transactions and purchase activity; user acquisition via sign-ups; inquiries by contacting help, sending an email, live chat etc.; user engagement via amount of time spent on the site, sharing activity, leaving comments and more.
Bing Ads tags have been tested with multiple tag managers including Google Tag Manager, Adobe Tag Manager, Tealium, QuBit, Signal Digital and Ensighten.
This change does mean that the current conversion tracking product, Campaign Analytics conversion tracking, will no longer be supported as of April 2015 and new tags can no longer be created with the old tool. The tags will continue to work in a “read only” mode until April 2015.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018