Bing is now showing carousels for their Product Ads in the Bing search results, following Google’s change last year to begin showing carousels in their Product Listing Ads.
The new Bing carousels are showing up for a variety of searches, and most seem to have switched over to the new carousel style. But there does appear to be a bug with the images being displayed.
First, here is what it looks like:
And when you scroll through:
As you can see, only the first five Product Ads have an image displayed, and the remaining 3 do not. This does seem to be a consistent issue within all their carousels. Here is another example:
The carousels only seem to have 8 products within the carousel, which seems quite small for using the carousel format. By comparison, Google’s PLA carousels display 17 PLAs with thumbnails, and an additional space with a link to “view all” of the products.
Google began showing PLA carousels back in October 2016, so it is not surprising to see Bing follow suit.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- No Plans for Google to Mark HTTP as Insecure in Search Results - September 22, 2017
- Google: Do HTTPS Migrations Separate From Other Major Changes - September 22, 2017
- Google: Rankings Should Remain Stable With HTTPS Migrations - September 21, 2017
- Google: Value (or Not) of Doing Link Audits - September 20, 2017
- Google Indexes AMP Version for Mobile First When No Regular Mobile Page - September 19, 2017