Bing is now showing carousels for their Product Ads in the Bing search results, following Google’s change last year to begin showing carousels in their Product Listing Ads.
The new Bing carousels are showing up for a variety of searches, and most seem to have switched over to the new carousel style. But there does appear to be a bug with the images being displayed.
First, here is what it looks like:
And when you scroll through:
As you can see, only the first five Product Ads have an image displayed, and the remaining 3 do not. This does seem to be a consistent issue within all their carousels. Here is another example:
The carousels only seem to have 8 products within the carousel, which seems quite small for using the carousel format. By comparison, Google’s PLA carousels display 17 PLAs with thumbnails, and an additional space with a link to “view all” of the products.
Google began showing PLA carousels back in October 2016, so it is not surprising to see Bing follow suit.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020