Bing has made their search results much more useful for those who searching for information. For forum posts, Bing has now added a line that says when the first post in the forum thread was made. It also includes the number of posts, which Bing has shown in the search results for some time.
Here is how it looks in the search results:
It is sometimes hard to tell how recent a forum post is in a search – while some topics can be answered perfectly fine with older forum responses, for some types of topics, searchers want to have more up to date data, and sometimes the date shown in the Google search results isn’t always accurate, especially if it is a thread than spans multiple pages and you might land on one of the subsequent pages. And Bing showing it with “First Post” makes it clear how up-to-date the thread-in-question might be.
This actually is something I had mentioned on Twitter that I would love to see as an option in Google, but looks like Bing has made the first move to make forum searches more useful. As for Google, using the search tools to search by date can help, but
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018