Bing has added a new feature to their local packs in the Bing search results – the ability to toggle live traffic conditions on and off to help searchers choose a business when traffic is a concern.
Here is how it looks normally – there is a new icon on the top right that acts as a live traffic toggle.
Here is how it looks like with the traffic turned on.
You can see the colored lines detailing how heavy the traffic is, as well as additional alerts for construction and other traffic issues. Here is an additional screenshot showing a closer view of businesses in a local pack.
This is a nice feature added to the local pack, and one that Google doesn’t offer in their own local packs. It does seem to be available internationally. Here it is for the UK:
Here it is for Canada:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Slows Crawling With 5xx Server Errors - July 13, 2018
- Google: H Tags as a Ranking Factor - July 13, 2018
- Using Redirects Can Impact Google AdWords Quality Score - July 12, 2018
- Bing Testing Feature to Open Search Results in New Tab - July 12, 2018
- Google: Don’t Rely on Google Tag Manager for Structured Data - July 12, 2018