Bing has added a new feature to their local packs in the Bing search results – the ability to toggle live traffic conditions on and off to help searchers choose a business when traffic is a concern.
Here is how it looks normally – there is a new icon on the top right that acts as a live traffic toggle.
Here is how it looks like with the traffic turned on.
You can see the colored lines detailing how heavy the traffic is, as well as additional alerts for construction and other traffic issues. Here is an additional screenshot showing a closer view of businesses in a local pack.
This is a nice feature added to the local pack, and one that Google doesn’t offer in their own local packs. It does seem to be available internationally. Here it is for the UK:
Here it is for Canada:
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018