Bing Local is testing a major new look for their local listings in the Bing search results, and the redesign is making it appear much closer to how Google displays their own local listings within the knowledge panel in the search results.
The box for a local listing in the main column of the search results is similar, but on the right, the panel gets a significant redesign, and it brings features from Google into their redesign.
Here is what it looks like:
And another one:
You can see some elements remain the same, but many are changed over to look more Google-like.
The most noticeable is the new Popular Times section added, which Google added to their own local knowledge panels in November.
In Bing’s version, they show both by hour and by day. Here is the daily version:
And the weekly:
Obviously, what stands out the most is they have very little data to display for both daily and weekly. However, that could be simply because it is in the testing phase, and it is not live for all users.
Bing uses Foursquare checkins for the popular times data section.
They have hours listed, which is expandable, and they keep the notation to see hours on the official store site.
For restaurants, Bing also includes an Opentable link for reservations when available and they also include the style of cuisine.
They also have redesigned the Foursquare Tips as well.
Something they are doing, which many local search marketers won’t like, is they sometimes display it in a collapsed version, when they have shopping ads below it. And the collapsed version doesn’t contain anything that would entice someone to expand it.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for noticing the test!
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018