I was doing some random searches on Bing when I came across this massively large organic search result. It featured ten different site links – all with descriotion also included for each one – in the Bing organic search results.
Usually when it comes to sitelinks, search engines tend to play it on the side of less-is-more unless it is clearly a brand search and they are giving that brand the full number of site links. But while Google maxes out at 6 site links, Bing is testing this massively long one – with ten in total.
Any brand that manages to score one of these ten sitelink listings should be pretty happy… although competitors or resellers might no be quite so happy, since it does take a huge amount of above-the-fold space.
This seems to be a test, as sometimes it displays with fewer sitelinks, here with the usual six we often see.
I couldn’t get this to appear for many searches, so it does appear to be a limited test at this time.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019