Here is what it looks like:
As you can see, when you mouseover an individual result, it shows a new tab icon, with a “Click here to open in a new tab.”
Bing is doing this for both the regular search results as well as for Bing Ads results too.
With many searchers electing to open search results in a new tab, this does make it easier for those to quickly open different search results in a new tab. And it might suggest to those who don’t do that regularly to try it.
This seems to be a very limited test at this time, as I am unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for noticing this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Slows Crawling With 5xx Server Errors - July 13, 2018
- Google: H Tags as a Ranking Factor - July 13, 2018
- Using Redirects Can Impact Google AdWords Quality Score - July 12, 2018
- Bing Testing Feature to Open Search Results in New Tab - July 12, 2018
- Google: Don’t Rely on Google Tag Manager for Structured Data - July 12, 2018