Here is what it looks like:
As you can see, when you mouseover an individual result, it shows a new tab icon, with a “Click here to open in a new tab.”
Bing is doing this for both the regular search results as well as for Bing Ads results too.
With many searchers electing to open search results in a new tab, this does make it easier for those to quickly open different search results in a new tab. And it might suggest to those who don’t do that regularly to try it.
This seems to be a very limited test at this time, as I am unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for noticing this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018