Bing is running a limited test right now in their search results that allows searchers to open individual search results in a new tab automatically.
Here is what it looks like:
As you can see, when you mouseover an individual result, it shows a new tab icon, with a “Click here to open in a new tab.”
Bing is doing this for both the regular search results as well as for Bing Ads results too.
With many searchers electing to open search results in a new tab, this does make it easier for those to quickly open different search results in a new tab. And it might suggest to those who don’t do that regularly to try it.
This seems to be a very limited test at this time, as I am unable to replicate it.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for noticing this test.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020