Bing is running another test to make their “Ads” tag look nearly identical to the way Google marks up their own paid results in the search results.
Here is what it looks like:
It also appears in their right hand sidebar ads as well.
Here is how it normally looks:
While the new version they are testing is much more noticeable to alert a searcher that they are ads. And they still aren’t quite as noticeable as Google’s own version which is green in color.
This is a limited test, as I was not able to replicate it across all browser sessions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: 301s & 302s, What is Best For PageRank & Ranking Signals - October 18, 2017
- Why Google Rewrites Title Tags in Search Results - October 18, 2017
- How Google Determines Which Ads & Search Features to Show on Search Results Page - October 17, 2017
- Removing Low Quality Pages Won’t Result in Sitewide Google Rankings Boost - October 13, 2017
- Google: Dynamics of Top Three Ranking Factors & Link Effectiveness in Rankings - October 12, 2017