Bing is running another test to make their “Ads” tag look nearly identical to the way Google marks up their own paid results in the search results.
Here is what it looks like:
It also appears in their right hand sidebar ads as well.
Here is how it normally looks:
While the new version they are testing is much more noticeable to alert a searcher that they are ads. And they still aren’t quite as noticeable as Google’s own version which is green in color.
This is a limited test, as I was not able to replicate it across all browser sessions.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019