Bing is testing a new style for their local pack on desktop, and it definitely looks styled like what you would see on a mobile pack.
Here is how it looks on desktop:
Here is how that query normally looks on desktop:
The new version does make the website much more visible and “clickable” for those whose businesses are featured in the local pack on Bing.
Here is how it appears in the mobile results:
The website and directions icons are identical to the desktop version, with just a change in color.
Thank you to Frank Sandtmann for sending the screenshots to The SEM Post.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019