Twitter is a step closer to launching product purchasing from directly within a tweet. Payment startup company Stripe is reportedly providing payment services for the new feature of a “Buy Now” on a product related tweet.
“Buy now” buttons were temporarily seen on product related tweets by Fancy earlier this year, however they didn’t have product purchasing functionality at that time. However, it was long expected that Twitter would increase their revenue stream by launching some sort of purchasing feature, rather than sending users – and their money – to third party sites where Twitter would not get a share of the revenue.
It is believed that users will be able to complete the entire payment process – including payment information and shipping details from directly within Twitter, without being sent to a third party at all during the process.
Those companies that are interested in utilizing the service have been requested to sign up with Stripe for payment processing. Re/code reports that Stripe is currently the only payment processing company that Twitter is working with, but speculates that it might not be the case for the future.
Twitter is expected to launch the “buy now” feature sometime before the holiday shopping season begins.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019