If you have been reluctant to switch over to AMP because of the loss of comments on your pages, you will be happy to know that Disqus has announced they now offer support for AMP.
AMP for Disqus utilizes the <amp-iframe> tag to bring comments into the AMP page. However, it requires the unusual step of requiring a separate domain to place part of the code on, and it is unclear if a subdomain could be used for this step.
With AMP coming to the “ten blue links” in the mobile search results, it is awesome to see companies making their features available in AMP format for site owners.
You can find the Disqus for AMP installation guide here.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Time for Google Processing Removed URLs from Disavow Files - April 28, 2017
- Publishers Reporting Huge Drop in AMP Traffic in Google Analytics - April 27, 2017
- Google: 15% of Searches Every Day Are Still New - April 26, 2017
- Google Updates Feedback Form for Featured Snippets & Autocomplete - April 26, 2017
- Google Testing Hotel Rates Carousel in Search Results - April 26, 2017