With many buy/sell/trade/swap groups on Facebook, whether for local groups or for specific types of items, such as collectibles or hobby items, Facebook has added some additional support for select Facebook for Sale groups to make it easier for users to list items and facilitate sales.
With the new feature enabled, instead of just having the ability to post to your group, there is a new link titled “Sell”. When a user clicks on this link, it brings up a box similar to the post box, but instead asks what you are selling, the price, and then the option to add both the location and description of the item you are selling.
After listing is posted, users can also mark it as “available” to show something that was posted earlier is still available, as well as change status of an item to sold. They also plan to add additional features later this year as it continues to expand to more groups.
This is also notable because Facebook is definitely taking aim at sites like Craigslist and even eBay, in order to keep people selling on Facebook, but more importantly, keep those people on Facebook.
It is not clear if this is considered beta, or if they are just doing a limited rollout in order to work out any bugs in the system. In the coming months this feature will be available to all Facebook for Sale groups.
Are you currently an admin of a Facebook for Sale page? Admins and users can nominate their Facebook for Sale group by using this form here.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018