If you are tired of being constantly spammed by live video notifications from Facebook pages, or have put off testing your own live video due to fallout of people unliking pages to turn off those notifications, you will love this change. Facebook is adding a new options to turn off notifications from all live videos.
When Facebook began allowing Pages to use live video streams, they made the decision to automatically send push notifications to all users whenever a Page began a live video stream, including sending them multiple times per hour for the same page as the stream would stop and start again. This quickly annoyed users who found it easiest to simply unlike the Facebook Pages rather than try and find a way to turn off those notifications.
Facebook seems to be rolling this out to users now. To see if you can turn off the notifications, go into Facebook settings, then notifications. But it does seem to be a very slow roll out. The tweet below shows it rolling out on the 21st, but I still don’t have it.
looks like you can now turn off all facebook live notifications. go to settings – notifications – live videos. pic.twitter.com/cgqLguXFTt
— Teresa Hammerl (@colazioneAroma) April 21, 2016
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020