He said pages should either implicitly or explicitly state the question on the page, then answer the question.
While he didn’t go into further detail, we know from the search quality guidelines that Google likes to show featured snippets that can be answered in 1-2 sentences. And this is definitely the type of results we see in featured snippets.
But anytime content is involved, it does bring up the role of Panda, especially when creating new content. If your answer is quality, you shouldn’t worry about it. That said, you will probably want to provide more detail below your 1-2 sentences, but again ensuring it is quality content and not just filler to fluff up the word count, ala college essay style.
You can also use your Search Analytics in Google Search Console to discover any featured snippets you currently have but might not be aware of.
— Jennifer Slegg (@jenstar) November 16, 2015
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020