Google has added more integration between Google AdWords and Google Analytics with more support for Shopping Campaigns.
The changes will give advertisers more data about their shopping campaigns, including which products and product categories drive the most purchases. And best of all, these new additions come just in time for the busiest shopping season of the year.
The report shows Acquisition, Behavior, and Conversion data for all your product categories/types. The GA metrics you can now use to analyze your performance and optimize your bids include:
- Bounce Rate
- Time on Site
- % New Sessions
- Revenue Per Click (RPC)
- and many others
Those who have already linked their Google AdWords and Analytics accounts will see the data show up as soon as it is rolled out to their account. For those advertisers who have no yet linked the two, you will need to do so in order to see the new Shopping Campaigns data. To link the two, you can use Google’s linking wizard, or follow the instructions here.
The rollout is scheduled to occur over the next few weeks, and will show automatically in accounts that are already linked.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020