Google has added new AMP carousels into their “People Also Search For” on mobile. The carousels are hidden until somone clicks to expand one of the options shown.
Here is what it looks like:
When you expand a second one, it will automatically close the one you already expanded.
Each carousel has a handful of stories in it, with the option to click for more stories.
But these don’t have the full compliment of AMP stories we see in the usual carousel that appears in the search results.
I first noticed these showing up early Saturday with trending political news, but they seem to appear for all types of searches with news stories.
All the sites within these new “People Also Search For” carousels are all in AMP. I couldn’t find a non-AMP example. So if you are wanting to appear in this section, you need to provide your content in AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018
- Google: Order of H Tags & Search Rankings in Google - April 13, 2018
- Google Adds “Mentioned on Wikipedia” Carousels in Search Results - April 11, 2018
- Google: Adding Content to Image Heavy Pages - April 10, 2018