Google has added new AMP carousels into their “People Also Search For” on mobile. The carousels are hidden until somone clicks to expand one of the options shown.
Here is what it looks like:
When you expand a second one, it will automatically close the one you already expanded.
Each carousel has a handful of stories in it, with the option to click for more stories.
But these don’t have the full compliment of AMP stories we see in the usual carousel that appears in the search results.
I first noticed these showing up early Saturday with trending political news, but they seem to appear for all types of searches with news stories.
All the sites within these new “People Also Search For” carousels are all in AMP. I couldn’t find a non-AMP example. So if you are wanting to appear in this section, you need to provide your content in AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019