Google has added new AMP carousels into their “People Also Search For” on mobile. The carousels are hidden until somone clicks to expand one of the options shown.
Here is what it looks like:
When you expand a second one, it will automatically close the one you already expanded.
Each carousel has a handful of stories in it, with the option to click for more stories.
But these don’t have the full compliment of AMP stories we see in the usual carousel that appears in the search results.
I first noticed these showing up early Saturday with trending political news, but they seem to appear for all types of searches with news stories.
All the sites within these new “People Also Search For” carousels are all in AMP. I couldn’t find a non-AMP example. So if you are wanting to appear in this section, you need to provide your content in AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google’s Mobile Page Speed Update: Everything SEOs Need to Know - January 18, 2018
- Bing Adds Appointment Booking to Local Panel in Search Results - January 17, 2018
- Google Adds “Best Answer” to the Search Results for Q&A Page Results - January 15, 2018
- How to Check Your Google Search Console Account for Beta Access - January 12, 2018
- New Google Featured Snippet Style Includes Thumbnails to Additional Searches - January 11, 2018