Google has added new AMP carousels into their “People Also Search For” on mobile. The carousels are hidden until somone clicks to expand one of the options shown.
Here is what it looks like:
When you expand a second one, it will automatically close the one you already expanded.
Each carousel has a handful of stories in it, with the option to click for more stories.
But these don’t have the full compliment of AMP stories we see in the usual carousel that appears in the search results.
I first noticed these showing up early Saturday with trending political news, but they seem to appear for all types of searches with news stories.
All the sites within these new “People Also Search For” carousels are all in AMP. I couldn’t find a non-AMP example. So if you are wanting to appear in this section, you need to provide your content in AMP.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Receive Guest Blog Post Spam Requests? Report Them to Google - May 26, 2017
- Google Warns Against Link Building Via Articles & Guest Posts - May 26, 2017
- Google AdWords Aims to Increase AMP Publisher Revenue with New AMP Ads Conversion - May 24, 2017
- Google Adds Reporting Flag to Local “Check the Facts” Feature - May 23, 2017
- Google Tests Blue Versus Black Sitelinks in Mobile Search - May 23, 2017