How often have you had to use a program or third party extension to check or choose a color? Google is solving some of the pain involved by adding a new color picker directly to the search results.
Just search for “color picker” to bring it up directly in the search results.
You can pick a color or use the slider. It also can be expanded and shows the colors in a wide variety of color formats including HEX, RGB, HSV, HSL and CMYK. It also shows the HEX and RBG at the side, which is visible whether expanded or not.
You can also search for “color picker #____” with the HEX for any color, and Google will display the color picker with that color pre-selected.
Bing also has their own version of a color picker, although it is much more basic by comparison, with only RBG and HEX, and you cannot search by HEX.
Of course, color pickers in the search results won’t automatically make third party color pickers obsolete, namely because many of them use to pick the color of something, like the color of a logo or some color in a web design. So many will still need a program for that aspect. But for choosing colors, it is a nice addition, especially with Google’s version supporting so many color formats.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google, Microsoft, Facebook & More Targeting “Worst Offender” Ad Types - April 21, 2017
- Man Arrested for Sending Google Forged Court Orders to Remove Search Results - April 21, 2017
- Errors When Submitting URL to Google Search Console; Workaround Available - April 20, 2017
- Google AdWords Adds Company Based Product Listing Ads to Search Results - April 19, 2017
- Google Does Not Devalue Pages With Internal Nofollow Links - April 18, 2017