Google is making it clear to searchers who trigger Home Services Ads that there are many more businesses beyond the three shown in the main search results page.
Normally, Google has a header at the top of Home Services Ads that says “<Business Type> serving <Location>”. But when there are many more results beyond those three, Google is testing a new version that says “10+ <Business Type> Serving <Location>” or “20+ <Business Type> Serving <Location>”. Here are some examples:
For businesses who are unable to score one of the top 3 spots for their business type, this is a good thing. It could increase the odds that the searcher clicks through to see further results instead of simply choosing one of the three showcased.
For those who appear in the top 3, they probably won’t be as happy to see Google is highlighting the fact there are more than just the three businesses available.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017
- Google: How to Handle Expired Content on a Site - November 3, 2017