Google is making it clear to searchers who trigger Home Services Ads that there are many more businesses beyond the three shown in the main search results page.
Normally, Google has a header at the top of Home Services Ads that says “<Business Type> serving <Location>”. But when there are many more results beyond those three, Google is testing a new version that says “10+ <Business Type> Serving <Location>” or “20+ <Business Type> Serving <Location>”. Here are some examples:
For businesses who are unable to score one of the top 3 spots for their business type, this is a good thing. It could increase the odds that the searcher clicks through to see further results instead of simply choosing one of the three showcased.
For those who appear in the top 3, they probably won’t be as happy to see Google is highlighting the fact there are more than just the three businesses available.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google: Do Not Link Hreflang to Redirecting URLs - April 17, 2018
- Google Adds Manual Action for Google Job Postings Schema - April 17, 2018
- Google: Order of H Tags & Search Rankings in Google - April 13, 2018
- Google Adds “Mentioned on Wikipedia” Carousels in Search Results - April 11, 2018
- Google: Adding Content to Image Heavy Pages - April 10, 2018