Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending New Wave of Mobile-First Indexing Enabled Notifications - May 17, 2018
- Google Testing Disambiguation Box for Local Packs - May 17, 2018
- Google & Optimizing for Local “Near Me” Searches in Search Results - May 16, 2018
- Removing Sitemap Files From Google Search Console - May 16, 2018
- Why Google Won’t Give Specific Meta Description Lengths - May 15, 2018