Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018
- Google Testing “Relevant History” Section in Mobile Search Results - August 31, 2018
- Google Converts PDFs, DOCs, XLS etc into HTML for Indexing - August 30, 2018
- Why Google Shows Featured Snippets With Images from Another Site - August 29, 2018