Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018