Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Cloudflare Credentials Stolen in Web Developer Chrome Extension Hack - August 18, 2017
- Google Search Console Sends Security Warning Notices for HTTP Sites - August 18, 2017
- Bing Testing Blended Local Mini One Pack in Search Results - August 15, 2017
- Google Still Ignores Last-Modified Meta Tag - August 11, 2017
- Google Ignores Geo Meta Tags in Regular Search Results - August 10, 2017