Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Sending Manual Actions for Event Markup Spam in Search Results - November 28, 2017
- Google: Why Featured Snippets Rankings are Volatile - November 14, 2017
- Google Home Services Ads Now Local Services Ads; Expanded Categories - November 13, 2017
- Google Adding More Structured Data Search Features to Search Results - November 10, 2017
- Adding Structured Data Helps Google Understand & Rank Webpages Better - November 10, 2017