Google has added a new feature to their local maps – Google will now show an area that a festival is in a map.
Emily M. Yetzer shared this screenshot showing a local festival showing on Google Maps when nearby Ribfest in Chicago.
It appears it shows it not when someone is searching specifically for the festival, but when searching for something that is also in the same general vicinity. The screenshot shows a search for a donut shop that happens to be near Ribfest in Chicago.
Google also seems to be updating it real time – the festival was this past weekend and it no longer shows in the map.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Using CAPS or Lower Case Letters in URLs for Google SEO Purposes - June 23, 2017
- Site Moves Do Not Fix Google Panda Content Issues - June 23, 2017
- Google Maps Soliciting Location Information in Organic Search Results - June 22, 2017
- Google’s Fred Update is Not an Updated Panda Algo - June 20, 2017
- Google to Continue Showing Featured Snippets with Images from Second Source - June 19, 2017