Google has made many changes to the look of their Home Service Ads since they initially launched. But the latest change is probably the boldest and most noticeable one yet.
Google has added a green checkmark shield to individual Home Services Ads, along with “Google guaranteed” next to each listing.
Here is what it looks like:
And another example:
When you click through, you see this:
And that link leads to an information page about the guarantee.
Here is what it used to look like:
This new design would certainly attract more click throughs on the basis of a Google guarantee alone. But Google has always had some sort of guarantee in place, and when you go to the landing page, every single qualified listing also shows the Google guarantee next to every one.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines Update: New Introduction, Rater Bias & Political Affiliations - December 6, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines: Reputation for News Sites; Video Content Updates; Quality for Information Sites - September 13, 2019
- Google Makes Major Changes to NoFollow, Adds Sponsored & UGC Tags - September 10, 2019
- Google Updates Quality Rater Guidelines Targeting E-A-T, Page Quality & Interstitials - May 17, 2019
- Google Local Service Ads Display Pricing Estimates for Specific Locations - August 31, 2018