Google has made many changes to the look of their Home Service Ads since they initially launched. But the latest change is probably the boldest and most noticeable one yet.
Google has added a green checkmark shield to individual Home Services Ads, along with “Google guaranteed” next to each listing.
Here is what it looks like:
And another example:
When you click through, you see this:
And that link leads to an information page about the guarantee.
Here is what it used to look like:
This new design would certainly attract more click throughs on the basis of a Google guarantee alone. But Google has always had some sort of guarantee in place, and when you go to the landing page, every single qualified listing also shows the Google guarantee next to every one.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020
- Analyzing “How Google Search Works” Changes from Google - July 8, 2020