If you are a movie buff, you are going to love a new feature from Google. When you search for a movie on Google, such as a favorite movie or a movie in a favorite genre, Google will also present three different carousels that users can click on to see related movies in a specific theme, about a place or somehow related to the cast or crew.
Here is an example that has three carousels that Google feels would be of interest to those who liked Gravity. For this movie, you get the option of other movies by the same director, movies set in outer space, and science fiction movies.
Here are some other examples of what you can browse through:
All of them expand into the top carousel style we are familiar with in the Google search results.
These are pretty great for users. I personally added a few science fiction and space movies to my list of movies to watch. And of course, when you click through to any of the movies, it brings up the standard movie knowledge panel with more information including the sponsored results of where you can watch it.
These are now live in the Google search results.
Latest posts by Jennifer Slegg (see all)
- 2022 Update for Google Quality Rater Guidelines – Big YMYL Updates - August 1, 2022
- Google Quality Rater Guidelines: The Low Quality 2021 Update - October 19, 2021
- Rethinking Affiliate Sites With Google’s Product Review Update - April 23, 2021
- New Google Quality Rater Guidelines, Update Adds Emphasis on Needs Met - October 16, 2020
- Google Updates Experiment Statistics for Quality Raters - October 6, 2020